Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
conestoga101

New to board Johnson rifle question

2 posts in this topic

My father bought this johnson rifle in the 1960's, I think at the Baltimore gun show. I now have it and was wondering a little on the history. Serial number B3601. Marked 30.06 on receiver. Appears to be reparked, overall very good condition. Has ramp front sight, no bayonet lug. Sight marked WS in a circle. Hammer block is marked B6387, hammer G8344, bolt A2119, magazine E3448, butt plate 450. Rear sight is in meters. Don't see any markings on barrel. Could barrel be different caliber? Stock is unmarked and in good condition. Only thing missing is 1 large flat head screw for handguard. Anyone know where I could get one? Won't mention the price paid when purchased, probably will not believe me.

Thanks,

Bob

Your barrel is a typical sporter style. The sight is a commonly available commercial one from the 1950's. If barrel is a Johnson, it will be marked over chamber area with " J. A. ", ".30-06", and have a small proof mark in a circle(looks like a candle or sword). If it has a good bore, I can convert it back to military for you. Information on the lettered series guns is still lost.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0