Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blumax

Serial number

6 posts in this topic

I have a sporterized 1941 Johnson serial # 7309 (no prefix). I would appreciate any information that I can get for it. I am a new member of the forum as of today. My plans are to convert the rifle back to it's original military configuration. Any comments/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hey Welcome to the board. These are the guys to ask about the info you requested. Its a good group of people. Sometimes responses may be slow as everyone seems to have a life, but patience is rewarded. Good luck on your restore. RYCHE

Welcome to the forum Blumax! Glad to see you took the advice from surplusrifle forum guys and joined us. It would be helpful if you posted pictures or a link to some, so we could see your rifle. Detailed photos of the barrel near the chamber and the front half where the bayonet lug would be, to the front sight would be helpful. Photos of the receiver also. If it is a Winfield sporter, as mine is, it could be a Standard or a Deluxe. It could have an original barrel or a replacement barrel also. All these factors and more will determine cost of restoration.

Welcome to the forum Blumax! Glad to see you took the advice from surplusrifle forum guys and joined us. It would be helpful if you posted pictures or a link to some, so we could see your rifle. Detailed photos of the barrel near the chamber and the front half where the bayonet lug would be, to the front sight would be helpful. Photos of the receiver also. If it is a Winfield sporter, as mine is, it could be a Standard or a Deluxe. It could have an original barrel or a replacement barrel also. All these factors and more will determine cost of restoration.

Thanks for your response. I will try and send some pics this weekend or early next week. Thanks again!

Here is the original data on JSAR #7309

Received from Cranston Arms 3/5/42

Stock #2

BBL #8970E

Hammer block #6687

Hammer #8472

Bolt #A1010

Locking cam #A0808

Firing pin #A3708

Extractor #7948

Magazine #9114

Transferred to N.P.C. 3/9/42

Here is the original data on JSAR #7309

Received from Cranston Arms 3/5/42

Stock #2

BBL #8970E

Hammer block #6687

Hammer #8472

Bolt #A1010

Locking cam #A0808

Firing pin #A3708

Extractor #7948

Magazine #9114

Transferred to N.P.C. 3/9/42

Thank you Brian for the information. It is appreciated and very helpful!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0