Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RDS

5.7mm ammo

5 posts in this topic

I have two 50 round boxes of 5.7 mm ammo made by Bullet Manufactures Inc. of Kingwood Texas. Any feed back on this ammo. It is loaded in LC 52 cases. Boxes do not list bullet weight or velocity. Case neck dia. is .255 and rounds do not want to chamber in my rifle.

OK. Let's start with your rifle. Is it a 5.7mm in M1 Carbine action? Who was the manufacturer?

As for the ammo itself, I personally am not familiar with the name.

Let me know....Ed J <_<

OK. Let's start with your rifle. Is it a 5.7mm in M1 Carbine action? Who was the manufacturer?

As for the ammo itself, I personally am not familiar with the name.

Let me know....Ed J <_<

Ed the rifle is a IAI M1 carbine in 5.7 MMJ. The box the ammo is packed in states its for use in the IAI M1 carbine.

Ed the rifle is a IAI M1 carbine in 5.7 MMJ. The box the ammo is packed in states its for use in the IAI M1 carbine.

If the ammo states it is for the IAI 5.7 carbine, I would start by contacting the manufacturer of the ammo and give them the measurements you mentioned. See if they have any explanation. Obviously, as you should already know, IAI went out of business a few years ago, unfortunately, so you have no recourse there, and there were some Q C problems with their products. The fact that the cartridge won't even enter the chamber is of major concern to me.

Our 5.7 club membership includes a man who tested some ammo from another Texas manufacturer, very successfully. They went under the name of "T's Ammo" and may have reactivated their business recently.

Depending upon what you find, you may E-mail me at: ERJRice@aol.com and I'll send you more info. :)