Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
feralgun

5.7 MMJ build up

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have been wanting an M1 chambered in this caliber for years, done lots of research, etc, etc. Well, I decided to go ahead and build one from scratch. I figured if they can build AR 15's from parts, a carbine can't be all that hard to do. I have bought a couple of M1's to convert only to find that they were fantastic accurate rifles, and I couldn't bear to alter the old war dogs. So, has anyone else tried this here? I am finding parts pretty easy, and there are not too many that make up a complete rifle. Got a beautiful stock, and most all parts are GI. I am taking notes, and recording prices that I am paying for everything and will post a topic on the build. Even found new, M1 G.I. bbls in 5.7MMJ.

I would be interested to hear any comments, or suggestions on this project.

I confess to being a conservative and would much prefer that you build a 5.7mm Mi Carbine using an experienced gunsmith. If you E-mail me at erjrice@aol.com I will forward some 5.7 Club info to help you.

I confess to being a conservative and would much prefer that you build a 5.7mm Mi Carbine using an experienced gunsmith. If you E-mail me at erjrice@aol.com I will forward some 5.7 Club info to help you.

Look for my email. I do have expierience putting the carbines together. The bbl I have is slightly short chambered, and a gunsmith will have to ream it a bit, and I will want a gunsmith to do the head spacing. Also, doing the sites may require some help. Any input is welcome. fg 419