Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
butch

Gunbroker auction parts?

6 posts in this topic

What are thoughts about these barrels from anyone? The seller claims they are Johnson barrels and they may very well have been made by Johnson Automatics, I don't know. I tried to tell him that the barrel contour didn't look right and they appeared to be barrels for the BAR because they had front sights that look like those used on the BAR.He has an assortment of small parts for the M1941 and LMG as well. I was only interested in an ejector but it seems he only wants to sell the listing as a lot. I'm just curious about the barrels because they don't seem quite right. Wiser minds than mine will know. Thank You :unsure:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=174783536

The barrels are BAR barrels. Universal Windings (aka Cranston Arms) were part of the New England Small arms corp. conglomerate put together to make BARs and other weapons parts.

This seller had a real JSAR barrel and what looked like a carbine barrel the other week.

Webmaster, I bought the two barrels that he sold a few weeks ago. They are both the same length, both marked "J.A.", and both cleaned up almost like new. One has the LMG front sight and the other has the JSAR front sight and bayonet lug. They look good to me. The lands and grooves are still present but not exceptional and the bores are shiney. I also got a rotary magazine drum shell and ten Johnson LMG magazines that will also clean well. I don't anticipate needing the LMG magazines, so if anyone wants them....they are cheaper to buy or trade for now, rather than after I bead blast them. I don't have a price set for them just make me an offer. Thanks, TANKER

M48Tanker, I think I remember seeing the barrels that you bought on there. They looked nice. Someday when my funds are better I'll buy a correct barrel for mine. Everything on mine seems to be correct except the barrel. And of course the front sight. At least everything seems to be in good condition.

The magazine is just the outer housing. I'll send you a picture of it and tell you the price. I like cash, but I love to trade. This mag housing has pitting on the rear that will be covered by the buttstock, the rest looks OK to me. It's "in the white" after being media blasted, ready to parkerize, blue, or paint. I'll get back with you. Do you have any other extra Johnson parts? M48TANKER