Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
claybob

Serial # 9112

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I recently found this site and am amazed at all of the information that is available here. I want to thank all who work to provide it. I collect military rifles from the WWII era and have wanted a Johnson 1941 since my youth. I am at a point in my life where I can sell a few duplicates and duds that are taking up space in the safe and (maybe) finally afford one. I am looking at a rife to possibly purchase it is stamped serial # 9112. I know the gurus here can look up the numbers for the early guns. If it isn't too much trouble I would be very grateful for any info you could share with me regarding this particular rifle.

THANKS !!!

claybob

Here's the details for you're rifle:

Details for JSAR 9112:

Delivered from Cranston Arms to Johnson Automatics Manufacturing Co. : 03/18/42

Stock Type: 2

Barrel # 1246E

Hammer Block # 9332

Hammer # 7965

Bolt # A0304

Locking Cam # 8881

Firing Pin # A4848

Extractor # 9162

Magazine # 3163

Delivered from Jamco to Johnson Automatics Inc 03/20/42

Contract : Netherlands Purchasing Commission

Claybob, I saw that rifle on Gunbroker. Auction # 180138558. It looks pretty good although the pictures are a bit dark. Be aware that the buttplate is not one that I've seen before on a Johnson, but that may not be any big deal to you. I think the buttplates should have had a trap door from the beginning...JMHO. The "pistol" grip area of the rear stock is not exactly like most original Johnson Military buttstocks, but I can't say that it's not. Wood can be easily replaced anyway if it bothers you. I bought a stock similar to that and I'm going to put it on one of my "Winfield Sporters" that has the fancy stock with the cheekpiece and rubber recoil pad on it. If the price does not go much higher than the opening bid, then I think that it's probably fair. My personal opinion is that you won't be paying too much...but that's just me. If the chip in the forestock bothers you...I've got an extra that I can sell. Good luck in bidding if you decide to go for it. :unsure: Let us know if you get it. :D M48TANKER

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0