Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian Alpert

JSAR on Gunbroker

10 posts in this topic

Hey Brian: Thats a good looking shooter. Wish i could take it off your hands. :) But alas I am in my usual spot "SO MANY PROJECTS AND TOYS,,, SO LITTLE MONEY...."

Thanks for the heads up, be interested to see how it does.

Ryche

This auction ended about ten minutes before I made myself aware of it by loggin in here. DARN IT.

Brian, I hope you are content with the sale price. The new owner should be very happy to have found a good shooter, and as far as I'm concerned, a good collectible piece. I would have been happy to be the new owner if I'd seen it sooner. Ryche_me it seems you and I are always in the same boat as far as projects. I've still got a MG Midget awaiting new brakes. It's a great original little sportscar and I drove it home on the interstate at 70 mph. It goes good but you must plan your stops. Firearms are much safer than sportscars.

Hey Tanker, I was surprised that you weren't bidding on it. I'm kind of glad however, because I'm the lucky *** that won it. I couldn't believe that there wasn't that much interest in it. Tell you what, you can have the next one as my collection is now complete.

Brian, I hope you got what you needed for it and I'll contact you directly to work out the details.

I would have been happier with a thousand more but, you win some and lose some and I'm not exactly hurting. Auctions are exciting, particularly if they are "no reserve". I have won some with bids much less than I was willing to go and lost some to bidders who paid much more than I thought the item was worth. Glad this one found a good home. There will be more coming in the future including a LMG look-a-like.

Gman, I don't think I would bid against another member on this website on purpose. :unsure: But I do know that I won't let a Johnson sell WAY below value. Congratulations on your acquisition. If I had seen the auction in time I might have been very tempted. :D

I'm pleased that Brian is content also. I recently sold my prized Springfield 1922 M2 training rifle. I never thought I'd part with it but another collector made me an offer that I just couldn't refuse. (according to my wife anyway :lol: )

and Brian, thanks for the heads-up on the LMG....that's one I need for my collection. I'll just bet those magazines will cost me a fortune however. :(

Hey Tanker: LMG Mags aren't that expensive. I believe i may still get them for aroud 20 to 30 apiece. Let me know if you need a couple, i'll see my guy in DEC. If he still has them.

Ryche

So, do you think an import mark on a Johnson negatively effects the value (no matter how small) like it does on a Garand or M1 carbine?

The 7mm Chilean rifles all have Navy Arms import marks, so I wouldn't expect it to matter, but only a small number of .30-06 Johnsons have them.

Matt: I don't believe it would as the JSAR's are a rare enough rifle in any condition or contract that it shouldn't make a difference.

Garand and carbines have far exceeded the worth of a standard rifle as they are readily available.

A nice JSAR should be worth far more, import marks or not.

But just my opinion ....

Ryche