Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ridge Runner

My Johnson only accepts 5 rounds?

3 posts in this topic

It would appear that my Johnson only accepts 5 rounds. I plan on ordering the video for proper disassembly, but I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this?

I can only imagine that it has been altered to only accept 5 rounds in order to be legal to hunt with.

Any ideas or experiences on how this might have been done? Should I be really worried?

It accepts a full stripper clip with no problems, after that, forget it.

Ridge,

After you disassemble your rifle I'm fairly certain you will find some sort of a mechanical stop. Usually it consist of a small screw through the rear side of the magazine between the 7 & 8 o'clock position. This stop will only allow 5 rounds to be loaded. I have also seen screws placed on the outside of the magazine can which is more visable to anyone (game warden or clam cops) who wants to check that only 5 rounds can be loaded in accordance with local hunting laws. The outside ones are the more unsightly due to the hole left after the screw has been removed. They're not easily repaired. There could also be an internal stop but most times not. If the hole is on the rear face of the magazine it should not pose a problem. This hole would only be seen when you disassemble the rifle.

Hopes this helps

walt B)

Thanks for the relpy. I see nothing on the outside of the magazine, so I feel a lot better about it.

Can't wait to get her apart..............

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0