Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VALMETM76

brass would not eject

6 posts in this topic

Well I made it to the range today . first shot was high and to the right ,the second low and right , both times the trigger pull got me ,its very very light next two shots 5 o'clock 1/2 inch apart, fifth shot dead center and that case would not eject . That ended the day . when I got home pulled the barrel ,a light tap with the cleaning rod and out she came . the rim where the Extractor, grabs the case was worn a way ,like it try to grab it but maybe the case was to tight in the chamber . going to try a chamber brush , any ideas

Bob

post-2654-0-03808100-1348262377_thumb.jp

post-2654-0-54536300-1348262645_thumb.jp

It is likely that your chamber is dirty or has light pitting inside. This is fairly common where the bore was cleaned but not the chamber. Try cleaning it with a brass brush and bore cleaner. If this doesn't work, take an unfired cartridge and polish it with Skotchbrite by chucking bullet in a 3/8" variable speed drill. Test fire, then inspect brass with a magnafier, look for small dots (areas) of "pulled brass". You can't see the pits inside but they grab the case and prevent extraction. You can also very lightly oil the case and see if it extracts. Pitted chambers can be honed but it is a pain to do. Hone a little, go to range, test fire, hone again, test again, I have made up to five trips. Good luck.

One of mine had that problem when I received it. The cleaning that Mr. Scott suggested helped, but I couldn't fix the problem until I discovered a small spot of brass protuding from a pit in the chamber. I used a dental pick (Harbor Freight) to pull the brass from the pit and have had no more problems with extraction.

Hey: Two runs with a hone took care of my problem several years ago. Not a problem since.

You can usually find a guy with skill at an engine build or rebuild shop. The tool he used was for honing valve stems.

The whole job cost me about $10.

Good luck

Ryche

Hey. thanks ,for all the info . I use my M1 GARAND chamber brush , that seems to have fix it . For now

Bob