Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Scott

Tulsa gun show next weekend

9 posts in this topic

The Tulsa show is next week and I will be upstairs around row 22. Will have 3-4 JAR rifles for sale, one with bayonet. Bringing new wood, springs, original bolt catches and other small parts. Free inspections of your Johnson's. Come visit.

Dear Mr. Scott -- what would it take to entice you to come exhibit at the Chantilly VA show? We occasionally see a JSAR there, usually mutilated and overpriced, but it would be awesome to meet you, see your examples, buy needed parts, and seek your sage inspection/advice re our rifles! :-)

Thanks for the invitation. I am not sure about the Va. tax laws for out of state table holders. Which dates are best attended. I would like to see a get-together like I had in Houston 2004. Could someone organize one on the east coast? Another great show is the Louisville show by Ohio Gun collectors in the winter. Is there a central show that would be easy to attend for many people? Does Southwest Airlines fly to somewhere nearby? (they allow two free bags) and I can fly from Houston.

Hmmm. Not sure about the tax question, but as a famous NFL player once said in a different situation, "straight cash, homey!". The Chantilly show (http://thenationsgunshow.com) is now basically every other month, but the spring/summer shows are generally slower (leaving aside the buying panic from earlier this year). The September show was very good, and I expect the upcoming show this month (Nov 21-23) will be good too. I'm not familiar with your 2004 Houston "get together" but it must have been something!...what do you have in mind? Maybe I could help in such an effort....I am a member of a very nice indoor range (http://silvereaglegroup.com) about 7 miles from where they have the show, so that could be part of the weekend festivities too.

HI JOSEPH...I AM NEW ON THE JOHNSON WEB SITE..I TOO NEED A BARREL, OR CAN YOU FIX THE ONE I HAVE..IT'S THE DUTCH SPORTER BARREL WITH RAMP TYPE FRONT SITE...CAN YOU PUT THE CORRECT SIGHT AND LUG ON IT FOR ME? THANKS KEN 484 802 2064 OR E MAIL ME AT KJM606@AOL.COM...I HAVE TROUBLE NAVIGATIONG AND GETTING INTO THE SITE...THANKS

Saturday show Report: There were six rifles for sale, I had four of them. One walking for $6k, one on table for $6.9K plus $500 for bayonet. I saw several problems with it but seller refused free inspection. I inspected and repaired three others brought in for inspection.. I did trade into two bayonets. Sold a complete butt stock with recoil tube,etc, and one original repaired stock.

Sunday night report:The 6k walkabout sold for$5350, it had my wood. The $6.9K sold without bayonet, price unknown. I bought the bayonet. Good attendance, average sales, not like early frenzy last winter.