Brian Alpert

8MM Dror LMG look-a-like

15 posts in this topic

Here is my latest project, an 8mm Dror parts set assembled on a modified JSAR receiver. Shoots great!

post-12-1497191_thumb.jpg

Looks good! Congrats!

The receiver had been drilled and tapped for a scope mount. The sight base was welded to the receiver from inside at the holes previously drilled.

Brian Do you need any spare mags? I got 5 at the gun show today. They are only $7.00 each, plus shipping Thanks Rob

I got 10 of them in a case from Numrich

Oh well......I took a shot........Thanks, Rob

Brian: WOW she is looking Great!!!! Is that the same one that was the cut up piece on the stand i saw a couple of years ago??? Would your guy be interested in doing another??? and where can i get a sight base like that one??? Ryche......Rob: I would be interested in 2 of your mags. Shoot me a P.M. lets talk. Ryche......

The cut up piece on the stand required too much welding so my gunsmith cut the radiator off a JSAR receiver and grafted the DROR 8mm front end. The hard part was repairing the magazine "box" and fitting it to the receiver with nice looking rivets. He milled the site base and then attached it to the receiver by welding thru previously drilled scope base mounting holes on the receiver top. I waited 2 1/2 years for him to finish this one.

post-12-409331_thumb.jpg

Brian: It looks fantastic, very well done. Would you have a blueprint on the sight base that i could have copied?? I'm still looking for a good welder to get mine done, it will be a little easier because my mag box is in one whole piece and the radiator is also one whole section. The JSAR rec. that i have for it has been chopped off right behind the radiator. So its just a matter of fitting and welding. Thanks for the pics she looks really good, what did they say at the range when you took it out to play??? :) Ryche

Send me some pictures of the pieces you have and I will see how much he wants to put it together and add a sight base.

Very nice work Brian.

Brian: Will do as soon as i can get my lovely wife to help me send pics. It should be alot easier due to the fact that there is alot of xtra meat on all the parts. If we can do this what other parts will he need like the bolt and such?? Thanks Ryche