Brian Alpert

NGD Louisville Show

7 posts in this topic

This show was great! Next door to the Show of Shows military show it really drew them in from all over the country. Wall to wall people.....buyers, not tire kickers, for both days. Ohio Ordnance had a very nice JSAR with bayonet and Chilean scabbard (the rifle was 30-06) for $5900. There was an average JSAR with a coil spring for the magazine door, an extensively repaired stock and a Numrich replacement rear sight for $4300; a decent looking JSAR with a replacement bbl without bayonet lug for $6900 (what was he smoking??) and my display: 2 41 JLMG look-a-likes ($8200 and $9800), a 44 LMG mock-up (41 with monopod and Dror tubular lower) ($12000), a 303 DROR LMG look-a-like ($6500) and an 8MM Dror LMG look-a-like ($6500). In addition I had 2 JSARs: a decent one with good bore and replacement wood ($4150) and another with replacement wood ($4400).

I sold 1 41 LMG look-a-like with type 1 sight base and BAR type bipod for $8200 (cash + Miltech type JSAR restoration) and 1 JSAR for $4100.

Lots of talk and questions and referrals to our website.

Brian,

It sounds like you had a good show! Maybe someday I'll get the chance to come to one of the big shows. I know already that I'd be overwhelmed.

Sounds like it was a great show , wish i could have been there.

Brian: I didn't realize you were selling the .303 DROR's? Does anybody really know what they are?

Ryche

Mark,

More a display than anything else. I have a 41LMG with type 1 sight, one with type 2 sight base, the 44 Mock up, the 303 Dror and the 8mm Dror. Makes a great display on 1 table and sparks much conversation. Since I have more than 1 303, I will sell one if the right price comes along.

Oh i didn't realize you had more than one of the .303's. Probably should have guessed with some of our conversations. :)

That one table sounds like it would be a pinnacle of any show, i know its the table where i could be found...

If you have a pic of the display i'd love to see it. I'm hoping to have a display close to that soon myself, minus the .303 and the 44JLMG. But who knows about in the future...

I'm just looking forward to causing a stir at the local range when i show up with the pat. 2 DROR :)

Ryche