Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
licorice1207

Value of carbine

8 posts in this topic

Tony,

Are we talking about a .30 cal M1 Carbine? Or a Johnson Spitfire 5.7mm in Military Stock?

If we are talking about the .30 cal, there is an M1 Carbine Site on the Internet, although I haven't looked there lately.

If it is a Johnson 5.7mm, I'll need more info. Let me know.

Ed J

OK. Is the barrel blued or parkerized?  What type of front gunsight is it? What type of rear gunsight?

My 5.7 Johnson is SN 1162, in a GI stock (nice finish), blued barrel and receiver, with a Williams ramp front sight and adjustable GI rear sight.

OK. You have one of two possibilities with that Carbine.

a ) If it was one of our conversions of an existing .30 M1 Carbine, the serial number would be on the top of the receiver, which would still be parkerized. The blued barrel would be one of ours with the Williams Front sight. There might be some build-up material on the feedramp or actually have a new feedramp to adjust for the smaller .2235 bullet ogive. The rear sight would still be the M1 Carbine version....as you indicate.

b ) If it was one of our new guns, refitted into a GI wood stock, everything would be blued and you would have a Williams front sight and a Williams rear ramp sight. The receiver might also have "Johnson Arms" stamped near the serial number on top.

What type of ammo box is holding the cartridges?

These factors would affect the price. Let me know, and photos would help.          Ed J

Man, I'd of snapped that up and offered another $50.00 if it had been posted for sale here.