Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
taharad

My new Miltech Johnson

8 posts in this topic

I had the joy of picking up my restored JSAR from Miltech.  I was able to visit the small shop where Ed Silva has been restoring military firearms for the last thirty years.  He did a beautiful job on the restoration of the Winfield sporter that I found on Gunbroker.  In addition to upgrading to an original stock and barrel, I also had Miltech make me a new spare barrel.  Ed explained how he had to match different locking bushing to different bolts to make sure both barrels headspace properly.  He let me take some pictures of his parts bins.  

Miltech does not sell parts, but they sure have enough to restore a few Johnson.

Pictures?

Do you have any pictures of your restored JSAR?

That's very nice! I'd be very proud of it also

Sir that is a very nice looking Johnson Rifle 

Miltec does a good job on restorations.

They did a 1941Johnson rifle for me.

Part of the service they provide on the 1941 Johnson is a new stock and barrel.

When I went to pick up my rifle I asked for my original barrel and stock, they said the stock was broken due to the removal of the recoil spring tube, and did not return my barrel or stock.

So if you deal with them, bring them the rifle without the wood and the barrel or you will never see them again.

If you chose to deal with them, get it in writing that you want your original parts back.