Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Scott

New executive order may affect parts supply

11 posts in this topic

A  new order classifying parts suppliers and gunsmiths as "manufacturers" requiring an expensive licence may affect supply of replacement  parts or repairs.  Google new executive order for information.

Hey Joe, the stock I got from you, lovely stuff. Fits like a glove. Next phase for me is recommendation for parkerizing if you don't do it. The  daddy Winfield will come home  to military clothes as was origionally built. Thanks again, Alasdair

Hey Alasdair,

I just had a guy in Texas repark a M1 carbine. His name is Tim Strait and his company is Warbird Customs. Internet by the same name. Great guy and beautiful work. Prices extremely reasonable.

Wayne

Joe, Long time no hear. I've been very busy picking up the pieces since the fire. Started on putting the collection back together and repairing what I can. We took quite a hit here. Do you have any stock sets left ?  I'm building a rifle for Ed and Lacy from parts salvaged. Thanks

Afternoon Joe, The stock set I'll take if the person doesn't need or want it. If Not I can wait  till you have an extra set or two.  Still picking up the pieces here. Plastic frame pistols took quite a hit am able to salvage some. Been working on B5338 for the past week. Got all apart will need some things for this. Just needs to be cleaned up and put back together.

Walt, per previous discussion, for a non-shooter a damaged stock is still OK even if it has to be glued together. I do appreciate the effort. Jim may be trying to accomplish something similar but his other problems need to be squared away first. He has a longer road ahead of him, as you know. Joe, if you've got something "lying around" let's go for that. ?

If it helps, I think I have a forend around here...somewhere. Best described as a fixer upper. Would probably need to be broken and re-glued. It doesn't have any metal.

Walt....really good to hear from you...know that you took a big hit, and are slowly picking up the pieces....wishing you all the best

ArtR

Dash, thank you for the offer. I'll leave it to Walt if he wants to go that route. I personally have no problem with a used part, even if it has to be re-glued.

Art....I guess it takes more than a house fire to keep good men down....and that goes for Walt... and now Jim, who is already having his new foundation installed.

I have a reasonably good fore stock avlb. if needed .. It has a good scrunge in the right rear but is solid and sound and would be a good working replacement.

Let me know

Ryche