Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dave Buenting

WTB-30 m-1 carbine trigger group.

5 posts in this topic

My carbine trigger group is one cast from aluminum, is cracked and another piece is broken off, anyone have a spare to part with? Have checked most mil suppliers and they are out or just want to much for one for my pocket book.

M1 Carbine parts are getting expensive as the collector prices go up. Wasn't aware that originals were cast in aluminum. And M2 series parts would be much higher priced, if they are even available without class III paperwork. What was the source of the aluminum trigger group? was it from commercial manufacture? Possibly from Plainfield Machine from the 1960's? Although I'm not sure they used aluminum either.

Think we have found answers Ed, A lot of info on the 'Carbine Coll's Club'. Looks like the trigger group was made by Plainfield late 60's, when they used up the USGI TG's they did cast with alum. Barrel appears to be a 'MOCO', (Millville Ordnance Co) does not have any stampings but the brazing of the gas piston is kind of a giveaway.

Did manage to get out and shoot a few more rds of my loads, 40gr Sierra .223 Hornet, 12grs IMR 4227, worked fine with a group not too bad at 50 yards, no key holeing but could only shoot single shot, magazine area is loose and is where a piece is broken off, hense the need for another trigger housing. Hope this info is correct and helps.  Cheers.