Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
M48TANKER

Miltech Restoration on Gunbroker

11 posts in this topic

I have had a Miltech restoration, complete with pine crate, book, manual, repro bayonet on my table for the last 3 NGD shows for $5800 with out so much as an offer.  Supposedly Miltech has a 2 year waiting list for their restored JSARs and they go for around $6000.

My Miltech restoration is due in the coming weeks.  After searching for many months, I just decided to get one from the source.  I have never seen one at a show.  What I learned from Miltech is some of the early restorations should be looked at again as the process to restore has been enhanced.  While they should work fine as is, there are some adjustments that they would like to make to keep them working well into the future.  

Wow. That's a nice one. A friend of mine at work said he's been going to gun shows for at least 25 years and never seen a Johnson rifle at all.

One of my JSAR's is a Miltech.  It is an extremely accurate shooter as Miltech puts a Match Grade barrel on them when they restore them.  I have had mine for 12 years and put over 5,000 rounds through it without a single problem.  If you want a period accurate Milsurp, it is not for you.  

However, if you want a 1 MOA shooter that you know is perfectly safe to shoot, and not have to worry about finding a gunsmith that knows something about the rife, it is a great option.