Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
M48TANKER

Gunbroker Auction Results

9 posts in this topic

I watched this to the very end. The competition was fierce. In the end "ICE COLD" prevailed. Congratulations!

Auction.JPG

For some reason, I had trouble looking at the rest of the photos. The above view suggests a JLMG barrel on a JSAR. Was this a modification rifle?  ej

Ed,

I'll see if the auction is still posted on Gunbroker. The reason you couldn't see the rest of the pictures is that I used a program called "Snipping Tool" which came already loaded on my computer. "Snipping Tool" allows you to simply outline anything on your screen and capture only what is showing at the moment. Like a snapshot of the page you are on. None of the click-able links will work since what you have is basically a photo of the page. I've found this tool to be very useful since you can then do anything you want with the "Snip".....email it, post it to a forum, save it, print it, alter it in "Paint" or any other photo program.

I found "Snipping Tool" as an application file under my "System 32 Folder"

Tanker....Thank you. I remain puzzled about that barrel and elevated front sight on a "standard" JSAR. Am wondering if it is instead mounted on a "Daisy Mae" or a mock up of a Daisy Mae. I know that one member of our website team has a "real" one...which might even be Torgenson's. I know that at least one other website team member put together a mock up. The $5k price range would be appropriate for a mockup, but low for an original, to say the least. Otherwise, it would be an actual JLMG? In which case, again, price would be too low.   ej

Ed,

I have tried to find any pictures of the gun listed in the auction. If I recall correctly, it was NOT just a semi-auto JSAR, but a mock up of a JMLG or Para carbine. I did find one picture which I think went with that auction. I saved it because of the "marking" where "AUTO" must have been originally. Someone had changed it to "LOAD".

The auction seller was: "CLI_Sales" and can be looked up on Gunbroker. The winning buyer was identified only as "ICE COLD"

If this will help any;

Capture.JPG

It is a 41 JLMG look-a-like, a LMG parts set assembled on a modified JSAR receiver.  What is unique about it is that whoever assembled it did not construct either a type 1 or type 2 sight base to mount the LMG rear sight correctly but modified a type 2 JSAR sight to hold it.  I know of several 41 LMG look-a-likes that came out of Northern California.  In fact, I bought my 1st there several years.

As can be seen, the type 1 base utilizes the receiver dovetail while the type 2 is fitted and welded to the receiver after the rear of the dovetail is milled off.  If anyone needs these made, I can send you the machinists drawings and specs 

IMG_1340.JPG

Brian,

Thanks for the clarification. I was afraid this was going to happen....now I'm starting to want an LMG or look-a-like. I saw two DROR complete lowers at Knob Creek and just barely talked myself out of buying them. Only a near total lack of knowledge on these kept me from taking the plunge.

But now I have the "bug."  I just bought a DROR barrel in 8mm for possible future use in a project. If I could remember who the vendor was at Knob Creek who had the DROR lowers, I'd probably buy them now. My best bet is to save myself a lot of work and just buy one already built? Finding parts can be a long term endeavor. I do think I've got most of a JLMG rear sight which I purchased from Amish Bob at Knob Creek along with a few other odds and ends Johnson parts. Thanks Amish Bob!!!

I appreciate your input Brian....you possess a wealth of knowledge.

Edited by M48TANKER
mispelling

To Brian & Tanker....thank you both for the clarifications. I wasn't thinking along the lines of a '41 JLMG look-alike in semi-auto only. Makes sense.   ej