Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carbfan

Barrel purchased

5 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a M1 carbine barrel chambered in 5.7 Johnson. It is a shame this carbine was parted out. The seller said it was USGI receiver and parts. The barrel is blued and the only mark is a number 6. (or maybe a 9) I would like to have a carbine re-barreled with it and understand there are some concerns I should be aware of. I have been interested since I was a kid in the late 60's when I saw a carbine in 5.7 Johnson pictured in a Williams Gun Sight catalog. The catalog also featured William's "1 of 50" M1 Carbines and almost fifty years later I was able to purchase one of those. So now it is time for a 5.7 Johnson carbine.

Any help is appreciated,

Rich

Rich, send me your E-mail address to   edwardrjohnson610@gmail.com  and I'll send you an E-mail sheet on what to look for.   Ed J

Hi Rich,

Is the number on top of the barrel just in front where it would go into the receiver, is the gas block brazed unto the barrel. Possible we could help you I. D. what you have. Pics would be good.

Hi Dave, yes the number on this barrel would be just in front of the receiver and the gas block is brazed onto the barrel. I don't have a photo.

Rich

Go to the 'carbine collectors club forum', click on the carbine, you'll see I'm sure some pics of it, forget just what info is there. Have you put it together yet, need ammo?

Any ?'s on it please just ask.