Bob G.

1941 Johnson Stocks

19 posts in this topic

I have sent a deposit to Randy Murray for a buttstock  with a mainspring tube installed. Will keep the forum informed of progress.

Bob,

Will Randy Murray be sending the stock out for someone else to bore and install the mainspring tube?

I've heard that there is someone making new mainspring tubes and was wondering how to get in touch with him.

Mike

That is my understanding, someone in Az. You would have to talk to Randy to get his contact info. I talked to Randy last week and he said he is ready to go making the stocks and

is accepting deposits. ($100.00)

Bob Gorton

Might possibly have a use for a buttstock without mainspring hole drilled. Any idea of price?

Ed

I don't know but you could check with Randy Murray .

Murrays Gunstocks  541-340-9814  in Idaho.  He also has a website, Murrays Gunstocks

Thank you. I'll follow up later.  ej

That stock has been on for quite some time, then relisted again. Looks rough.  I think I would rather have a new one even if it is a repro.

Price of $500 or more seems high, based on what Randy told me after I called him on the phone.....

I got an email from Randy Murray yesterday and he is still looking for a good pattern Johnson stock to copy.

Bob G.

I'm also interested in a stock for my Johnson 1941.   Bought it a few  years ago - and I want to get it back into military configuration.  It's been sporterized - and I just don't like it that way.

On 6/6/2017 at 10:25 AM, Bob G. said:

I have sent a deposit to Randy Murray for a buttstock  with a mainspring tube installed. Will keep the forum informed of progress.

Have not heard anything from Randy Murray ,anyone find a new source for buttstocks ??

Randy called me last week to inform me that My new stock was on the way back from the guy that bores the spring tube hole.I should here something from him this week. Ed

Hello All,

Any update on this? I have a sporterized rifle I am looking to restore. I need a stock, stock hardware and a bayonet lug. I see that Murrays may be making them, are there any sources of originals for sale? Thanks!

Frank