Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
learjet

happy new owner!

4 posts in this topic

hi everyone, i picked up sn 8960 this weekend. can i get the serial numbered parts list for this rifle? 

i havent had much time to go over it yet, but the hanguard appears commercial since it lacks the cutout for the front cross pin. otherwise the barrel appears to be in fair to good shape, but my mainspring is too short at 11 1/4". I see Mr Scott hasnt posted in a while, does anyone else have one for sale or should i pm him. id like to have his dvd as well. Im attaching a few pix i took with my cell phone, i can post better photos later.

i think iread somewhere that all blues rear sights are repros, is this correct?

has anyone seen the small hole in the sheet metal barrel jacket shown on mine? i havent seen it on other rifles ive looked at online.

anyway im sure ill have more questions, thx for keeping this forum up, theres really no other good info on the web ive found

lear

IMG_1111.JPG

IMG_1112.JPG

IMG_1113.JPG

couple more pix...having trouble uploading....

Here is the data on JSAR #8960 as it came from the factory:

Received from Cranston arms 2/28/42

Stock #2

Bbl #7294E

Hammer block #8186

Hammer #8945

Bolt #0024

Locking cam #5090

Extractor #7508

Firing pin #8436

Magazine #A2887

Transferred to NPC 3/4/42

You have a type 3 rear sight.  These were typically painted with a black finish (to cover braze marks which did not take the blackening (actually Dulite) finish.  I have never seen a reproduction type 3.

The hole on top of the radiator section of your receiver is not supposed to be there

got her back together and cleaned up. more minor issues...

no front crosspin, with the sporter handguard my plan is to have my machinist buddy make a short pin that the handguard will trap in place. i have one coming from numrich to measure and cut if needed

firing pin stop is also missing. i saw a post here that the LMG ones can be fitted and used. Ive ordered a few of these as well, will let everyone know how it goes

lastly looks like mine wore a scope at some point

AEA203E0-F0C3-41DD-886C-C983EC620DD2.JPG