Yuccacapt343

Bayonet Selling For Crazy Money

12 posts in this topic

I noticed that. Worked fine yesterday? Couldn't even access their website without the link? I'll keep trying to figure it out

As of this morning, link is working again.

I would also love to own a Johnson bayonet with a Chilean sheath....or at least the Chilean sheath! I seem to have accumulated more than my share of 1941 Johnson bayonets and should probably sell some of them. Especially since prices seem to be high.

However as much as I could use the extra money, I really LOVE to trade. If anyone out there has something of similar value,($375.00 to $800.00 hehehe), send me an offer to trade. Pistols, rifles, whatever? Just no cats......I have a plethora of cats. I might accept a "Horned Toad" as a partial trade. A Randall model 14 knife or similar would be nice too.

Let me know what you have.

Are the Chilean sheaths really that rare? My JSAR is a Chilean rifle and when I bought it, it came with the bayonet with the Chilean sheath. I was always kinda bummed out I didn't have the sheath that most have with their bayonets??

I don't know how rare the Chilean sheath might be....but I don't have one. Do you want to trade yours for a very nice "regular" Johnson sheath?

"michaeleroper@comcast.net"

Only 900 Chilean JSARs were produced.  They came with the Dutch slings and apparently bayonets.  I suspect the sheaths were produced in Chile since obviously the design, leather and finish are completely different.  Fortunately, the rifles and bayonets were little  if at all used when imported by Navy Arms in the late 70's and most are pristine today.

7MMAD3.jpg

This is a bit off topic, but deserves to be announced in a forum where the most people will see it. So I picked the newest comment of the day.

Mr. Brian Alpert and I recently had the pleasure of making a transaction. It would be an understatement to say that things went smoothly.

Our communications were clear, rapid, and to the point. I managed to get the funds to him quickly and he shipped even quicker. The item was exactly as described and I'm well pleased.

If you notice an item which Brian offers to sell, please don't hesitate to enter into what will become the most pleasant transaction of your life.

Thanks Again Brian

On August 25, 2017 at 3:33 PM, M48TANKER said:

I don't know how rare the Chilean sheath might be....but I don't have one. Do you want to trade yours for a very nice "regular" Johnson sheath?

"michaeleroper@comcast.net"

Brian makes a great point which I didn't consider. Why wouldn't the Chilean sheath be rare considering they only bought 900 rifles! I think I will hold on to mine at this point but if you are interested in selling one of the 'regular' sheaths, pm me.

wayne