Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ArtR

A Little Off Topic

7 posts in this topic

As things have been pretty quiet on the site, I thought I might spice things up. Tuesday afternoon,  I logged onto the local NWS site to see what if any TS were predicted for the afternoon. Little did  I know that I was in for a little surprise....enjoy!

Screenshot from 2017-08-15 18-27-59.png

High near 0. You have strange weather in VT.

Cold Cold 0 Sir not yet Wednesday  and Saturday high of 0 looks like a type error

OUCH!!! I'd hate to see your winter temps!!!

a definite error, and it was funny at the time,....about 20 minutes later it was corrected...but for us in VT who often say, "Don't like the weather? Wait a minute!"..... it seemed quite apropos!

ArtR,

Your story reminded me of my first year of college. The local TV station, WPSD TV Channel 6 of Paducah, Kentucky was a great place to work. The station management would arrange your work schedule to fit into and around your college classes. What an excellent idea. So in the fall of 1966, I was hired as a "Camera man, and lighting technician."

One cold winter day the television station received a phone call from a seemingly irate viewer. The man asked to speak with the "Weather forecaster" from the last evening's news cast. The meteorologist wasn't in at the moment so I asked If I could take a message for "Dan The Weatherman."

The gentleman caller requested that I inform "Dan The Weatherman" that he,(the caller) had just shoveled 8 inches of "partly cloudy" off of his sidewalk!

Tanker....that personal story is a hoot! :lol: