EddieT204

How I stumbled upon 2 M1941s

9 posts in this topic

About 25 years ago, a neighbor down the street offered up his Uncle's Johnson M1941 for sale. It was all original and in excellent condition. Not knowing what it was, I offered him 500 dollars and it was mine. I took it to the range and shot about 500 rounds through it (He gave me some 20 year old ammo along with it, so I figured why not). I ended up selling it a couple of years later for 700 dollars. 

Fast forward to last week and a neighbor next door approached me about a gun in her possession. Her husband passed away last winter and she found it in the attic. She pulls out an all original Johnson M1941 in even better condition than the first one I bought. She didn't want it in her house and gave it to me. Now that I know what it actually is worth, I told her I would sell it for her. 

What are the odds that there were two Johnson's on the same street within 6 houses of each other? Anyway, I told her it was worth some pretty decent money. I'm selling it for her, so if anyone is interested in an all original rifle in excellent condition, you can email me. Thanks!

If you would like to post some clear, detailed photos, it might generate more interest.

I just returned from a business trip. I'll get back to you guys with pics and serial number tomorrow. I may do a YouTube video on the gun and throw up a link. Thanks for your patience!

Here are some pics of some markings. This gun has been untouched for over 40 years. It has not been refinished or restored. It was covered with dust and cobwebs, so I wiped it down with some Ballestol.

IMG_5288.PNG

IMG_5289.PNG

IMG_5290.JPG

On 9/20/2017 at 5:22 PM, EddieT204 said:

About 25 years ago, a neighbor down the street offered up his Uncle's Johnson M1941 for sale. It was all original and in excellent condition. Not knowing what it was, I offered him 500 dollars and it was mine. I took it to the range and shot about 500 rounds through it (He gave me some 20 year old ammo along with it, so I figured why not). I ended up selling it a couple of years later for 700 dollars. 

Fast forward to last week and a neighbor next door approached me about a gun in her possession. Her husband passed away last winter and she found it in the attic. She pulls out an all original Johnson M1941 in even better condition than the first one I bought. She didn't want it in her house and gave it to me. Now that I know what it actually is worth, I told her I would sell it for her. 

What are the odds that there were two Johnson's on the same street within 6 houses of each other? Anyway, I told her it was worth some pretty decent money. I'm selling it for her, so if anyone is interested in an all original rifle in excellent condition, you can email me. Thanks!

how much are you asking?