Warrantw5

New Guy from NC

7 posts in this topic

This site was recommended to me from someone on another forum.  I am retired military and live in north east North Carolina and I am looking forward to being a part of this forum.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

It's good to have you here. I'm an old Vietnam Veteran and I too have loved military collectibles all my life. My son David recently retired from the Marines as a CWO4 after 22 years. Helicopters most of the time and finally Ospreys.

You'll find a wealth of information on this forum and a lot of very helpful people.

We love pictures of 1941 Johnsons too. If you could post a few pictures of your latest acquisition, we will all appreciate it.

I couldn't wait.....hehehe.....typed in a search for 1941 Johnson #3188 and here are the results:

https://chesterfieldarmament.com/products/1941-johnson

Edited by M48TANKER
found some pictures

Sir,

Several of my cousins and one uncle were Vietnam Veterans.  I had six uncles in WW2 which is what got me started in my interest.  Congratulations on your son's retirement.  I stuck it out for 30 and loved every minute.  

I am excited about the forum and being a Johnson owner finally.

I purchased the rifle from those guys at this past weekends Hampton Gun Show.

Thanks very much.

Jeff,

Your photos are excellent! Thanks for sharing. The only problem with collecting 1941 Johnsons is that they don't have many accessories to hunt for.

I've got several bayonets if you ever need one. If you don't already have the books and manual to go with the Johnson, then you'll find those useful. 

Here is the url of our "brother site" with lots more information: http://www.johnsonautomatics.com/

The file below came from that website:

Johnson accessories.JPG

Thank you sir.  I may be interested in a bayonet.  I have ordered Canfield's book.  It should be here next week.  I printed out a copy of the manual and have read it.  Pretty interesting writing at the front of the manual.

My email address is warrantw412@hotmail.com.  I would love to discuss the bayonet.  Thanks.