THREEDFLYER

Seeking information on M1941 S/N 7790

7 posts in this topic

New to the forum and looking for serial number information for S/N 7790

This recently acquired rifle appears to be in original military configuration with no apparent alterations 

Thank you in advance,

Tom Graham - Prescott Valley, AZ

IMG_0828.JPG

Here is the data on JSAR #7790

Received from Cranston Arms 3/4/42

Stock #2

Bbl #7768E

Hammer Block #8665

Hammer #9496

Bolt #7069

Locking cam #6338

Firing pin #9513

Extractor #8419

Magazine #4733

Transferred to NPC on 3/5/42

Thank you Brian for that incredibly quick response!!

***Very interesting to learn that exactly 76 years ago today this weapon was transferred to the NPC***

The bolt #7069 and locking cam #6338 are the only numbers I can confirm as a matching to this rifle so far, I will have to further disassemble to check some of the other part numbers.

I recently acquired this rifle from the family of Fred Wells the rifle maker here in Prescott, AZ.  Fred's brother Homer ended up with this rifle after WWII

I was told that Homer had a few M1941's and this one was the best shooter so he sold the rest.  

Hey I am in Prescott as well. We should meet at the PV gun show in April.  Talk JSAR for a bit.

Ryche

1 hour ago, ryche_me said:

Hey I am in Prescott as well. We should meet at the PV gun show in April.  Talk JSAR for a bit.

Ryche

Ryche, good to hear from another JSAR owner......I am available to meet before the show if you are able......I work for a custom home builder in Prescott so I am on the road most of the day.  You can email me at tomgraham01@msn.com and we can arrange it.  

Tom Graham

Also strongly suggest you obtain Bruce Canfield's "Johnson Rifles and Machine Guns" to go with your rifle....and it will give you a thorough history.