THREEDFLYER

Dimensions of M1941 Bayonet??

10 posts in this topic

I recently acquired an original correct bayonet for my M1941 and it looks like about 1" of the tip has been lightly sharpened along the way and I want to be sure it has not been shortened.

Can someone in the know give me some dimensions on an unaltered bayonet so I can compare to what I have??  

Regards.

Tom Graham - Prescott Valley, AZ

Thank you Mitch, 

I just measured mine and the length is about 1/16" under 11-3/4" and has been slightly ground/sharpened about 1" from the tip 

The bayonet has 4-digit numbers stamped in two locations.....on the rivet and on the barrel ring that fits over the muzzle and these numbers do not match each other.  I assume that is the correct location for military issued bayonets but I am still waiting for my book by Canfield to show up so I can do more research.

The scabbard is in OK condition but has some checking/cracking at the point end and the strap is showing cracking/thinning as well. 

The asking price for this bayonet with scabbard is $425 and the seller sent it to me for me to inspect before sending payment.  He did inform me of the point being sharpened.

1 hour ago, ryche_me said:

I would be happy to compare it to mine which i believe has been un altered.

Ryche

I would appreciate knowing the dimensions of your bayonet, the overall length would be helpful.

Good morning and congrats on your new JSAR purchase! My bayonet is unaltered and is actually 11 7/8".

Wayne

Walt Liss has specialized in dealing with these bayonets. Problem is, a tree fell on his truck so he's trying to deal with that mess at the moment.

Thanks Ed, hope to hear from Walt once the tree has been removed from his truck!  Hopefully it's still drivable and Walt is OK!!

I will try to post photos showing the tip of this bayonet soon so all can see.  

Wow Taharad, you have one for everyday of the week!