aVian

Magazine Door Spring...I improvised

4 posts in this topic

I have been trying to source a standard spring with no success.  Numrich, Sarco, ebay...nada...so I researched torsion springs...sized the right one so I thought and ordered it...inserted it in the magazine and ... it works perfectly. 

aVian,

Welcome to the Johnson message board. Congratulations on your solution. Others have had to do the same thing, similar to the ejection port door on an M16.

Like you, I've kept my eyes open for any Johnson magazine spring. A couple of our long time members have fabricated their own springs to match the originals as close as possible.

You have to wonder if somewhere, in a dusty warehouse, in the dark and forgotten....is there a 55 gallon drum of Johnson magazine door springs? I think I'd buy the whole barrel full if I could find it!

I know you'll enjoy the 1941 Johnson and will be a frequent reader of the message board. Here you will find a wealth of information on Johnsons and some very knowledgeable collectors. A few of us even have some parts squirreled away.

M48TANKER