Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
metrotps

Tulsa show report

3 posts in this topic

So Mr. Scott did you go in April and if so how did it go this year for you and did you see any interesting things Johnson related?

Show was well attended but sales were slow.  Only couple of Johnson's on tables for sale, several at auction company displays. Did not see any bayonets.  Sold a few parts but had no inspections such as I normally get. Sold most of my Japanese collection but had to cut price a bunch.  I believe internet sales are hurting all gun shows.  Tulsa is big on name brand (colt, etc) collectors and old western stuff.  Young boys seem to know more from video games about WW2 weapons than their fathers .  The fathers are from recent wars (Nam and later) and have no interest in older military weapons. Thanks for asking.

Sorry it was a slow show for you. I have heard from others that their sales were slow also. Was also told that a bunch of real Colt M4 semi-autos were on a table for $500 and were not selling. Sad that the interest for Japanese militaria has waned. Though I am old enough to remember buying it and Japanese rifles for very little money many years ago.

Best regards and thanks for your time!

Dean