THREEDFLYER

**Moved to GunBroker - Auction has ended....thanks for looking!** Selling my Johnson Rifle - W/Bayonet & Scabbard

19 posts in this topic

**Decided to move this one to GunBroker so feel free to place a bid......starts at only one cent and NO RESERVE!!**

**The rifle and bayonet are offered in different listings**

****SCROLL DOWN THREAD TO SEE PHOTOS........HOPEFULLY THEY ARE ABLE TO BE VIEWED NOW***

Thanks for looking!

Hello all,

Offering up M1941 with serial number 7790 along with the bayonet and scabbard.  
Based on what I have seen selling I feel my price of $5,500 plus shipping is fair AND firm.

Serious buyers please call or email me directly at 425-785-0093 - tomgraham01@msn.com

I am in the Prescott Valley, AZ area and this will need to ship to a C&R or FFL and will come from a private party.

I have this listed on other military forums so be sure to contact me soon if you are interested,

Thanks for looking,

Tom Graham

Photos would be helpful....certainly on this forum.

I will be taking good photos in the near future and posting them.  Will probably end up putting this on an auction eventually, just wanted to give the folks here first chance.

As mentioned, serious buyers can email or call me 425-785-0093   tomgraham01@msn.com 

Regards, 
Tom

Will be moving this to another site soon.  Serious buyers can email or call me directly at tomgraham01@msn.com or 425-785-0093  

Thanks for looking!

On 8/7/2018 at 10:52 AM, Ed Johnson said:

Photos would be helpful....certainly on this forum.

Photos added.....thanks for looking!

Although the pics seem to be gone, I looked at this rifle and it is a very solid piece.

The barrel is immaculate nice and bright with very good rifling.

The stock is in very good shape minor dings and such as is to be expected.

Over all it appears to be in fine shape.

Ryche.

Thanks for posting your review Ryche......I hate to let this one go, but I need the funds for another project.

It's now listed on GunBroker on a 7 Day auction which started this evening. 

Pass it one to those wanting a very nice example of the Johnson M1941

Photos above have now apparently been removed and/or no longer available.

**LAST DAY OF AUCTION - ENDS WEDS NIGHT 8/29/18**

Based on where the bidding is as of this moment it looks like there is a chance someone could walk away with a real bargain on this one!!!  Tell your collector buddies to check it out before it's gone!!

Yes.....we can breath......

Well, I honestly thought this would have sold for more but it it what it is. 

Thanks to you all for checking out the auction.

Tom

The only difference I can see between my rifle that sold for $4,825 and the one that sold a week before at $6,400 was in the wood.

Mine had much more "beauty marks" and his had a lower serial number. 

Guess some folks would rather have one that looks "new" versus one that possibly saw action???  

Personally, I go for guns that have a story to tell.....but that's me.

Proven provenance, collector interest  and condition have always been the most important determinants in the price of collector firearms.  "Possible" is no substitute for documentation.   Rarity means little if no one cares.  On the other hand, condition can be seen and in most cases verified.  There is often a huge difference in the price of an 85% gun verses a 95%.  Your's ended up being a bargain but auctions are a "crap shoot" where sometimes you win and other times you don't do so well.  JSARs have been down for several years after the $8-12,000 record auction prices before the last recession.  The collector market for many things is aging.  Younger folks are just not interested.  The big gun shows are all old men and people buying black guns. 

Brian is right....avid WWII collectors are ageing and  most are beginning to divest themselves of their prized possessions. That being said, the "new" collector of WWII weapons may be in for a surprise with many guns coming onto the market...which might mean lower prices and some nice acquisitions. Word to the younger collectors...do not be put off by older guns...the prices are likely to become more reasonable and you may find some real bargains. Besides, many older rifles shoot just fine, and can be the topic of discussion for many at a local range.

I have to agree with both Brian and Art. I found in the last year when having to sell some of my Luger collection. For as iconic a weapon as it is the market is very soft right now.

Lots were interested but i had to bring my price down in order to sell. The auction did fairly well when i had to sell a couple MG's but they are in a top end collector market that is also showing some dipping in price in the last few years.

So yes it is a crap shoot but you can always hope to come out on the winning end. Probably wouldn't be as much fun if it wasn't :)

Ryche 

As a side note: I went to a very local  Labor Day garage sale today, and an "ageing" (yuck, my age) fellow was selling off his reloading equipment, and supplies. He had "sold" his powders to me about 12 months ago, and today I got the rest of his "stuff" for a "whole lot" sum which was amazing. I am looking at some "great" Christmas presents for my son and son-in-law for this year!!! I think that I will be able to get them both into reloading for a very reasonable price. And we will have some fun times together teaching and training them.