M48TANKER

1941 JSAR BARREL brings $1505.00 on Gunbroker

6 posts in this topic

I was watching this auction but got busy hunting Indian artifacts. Now, I've just noticed that the barrel has been sold for $1505.00 plus $20.00 shipping. Well, it's time for me to start thinning the herd.

Maybe it's time for me to sell a couple of my spare barrels? I have a Chilean Contract barrel in 7mm Mauser. This barrel is all military and in pristine shape.

My other barrel has a 1941 JSAR  locking lug bushing, center guide collar, bayonet lug, and military sight...all mounted on a 30.06 Springfield 1903A3 used barrel. The chamber is nice and smooth and the bore is shiny with slightly worn lands and grooves indicative of it's age.

For the right price I would sell one of the 100% JSAR 30.06 barrels from one of my other collector rifles. It would have all the correct markings and be in better cosmetic condition than the one that just sold on Gunbroker. I like both my spare barrels and would be proud to swap them onto any of my rifles. Just contact me to discuss price or trade options.

"michaeleroper@comcast.net"

$1505.00 barrel on Gunbroker.JPG

If you really want something and money is no object.....few of us are there!...you can get swept up in a bidding war.  Remember 9 or 10 years ago when a nice but by no means exceptional JSAR went for $12000.  

Brian,

Yes, I remember that auction well. I can empathize with bidders caught up in such a bidding war. Never had the money for that type of contest but I've been tempted to pay far more than something is worth a time or two.

As you said, if you have the money and want something bad enough....who is to judge?

I have gotten lucky once at an auction. I was going for a dual drum carrier for my MG-34. The other bidder dropped out at $75 so i won about a $200-$300 item.

Otherwise i stay away from auctions like you guys i can't afford to get caught up in a bidding war. But hey if ya got the money ....go for it.

Maybe it was the last part he needed to finish his project?????

Ryche

I have been involved in a few auctions as well, but I put in what I feel is a fair maximum bid, and leave well enough alone, and let the bidding frenzy do the rest. In several cases I have come out as winning bidder, and at a price lower than my maximum. I just wonder what these guys do when it comes time to unload something...I hope they do not think that they will get their purchase price back. 

That being said, the Holiday season is upon us, so it might get very busy and I hope that I do not miss something important. Best to all.

Darn. Sold my pristine 7mm barrel last month for only $750.