Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ArtR

Isreali DROR on GunBroker

9 posts in this topic

Looks like they used a Johnson receiver, among other things.

Looks like a nice one.  My gunsmith built one for rych me.   https://www.forgottenweapons.com/israeli-dror-lmg-shooting-disassembly-video/  I have another one as well as the 1st model  in  303.  They are fun to shoot and draw a crowd at the range.

I also have a 303 41 Johnson LMG look a like which I acquired as a 303 Br Johnson LMG magazine  (Johnson NE-41 markings and larger than the 303 Dror) coupled with a magazine support assembly which fit this mag and a 303 Br Johnson LMG bolt and Bbl. I can see why it was not produced as the mag does not feed well. It will be displayed at NGD Louisville later this month  

Original SN on that receiver looks like 3923

My eyes aren't that good. Is it a JSAR or a JSLMG receiver? If it is JSAR, #3923, we might be able to track history. Brian also has the file disk.

Image #7, if you download and save and then open with an image viewer, and expand, you can pick out 3923

pix667086449.jpg

sold last night for $5640.00. guess that gives us a clue as to current value :)

The only others i know about were made by a guy who has been mentioned before when selling "clones" of DROR and JLMG41s merged together.

Ryche

The Drors generally do not go as high as JLMG look-a-likes.  $6000 is generally top dollar whereas the JLMGs go for up to $10,000.

Yeah we already knew that, but i was watching to see if it went for STUPID money like some of the others we have seen.

I think that the value kind of banks on the fact that most people have no idea what it is or that it even exists. 

Like mine, my father bought the lower rec. in about 1966 thinking it was a 44 JLMG. It wasn't till i got involved with it and meeting you that i really had a clue :)

Now i love it and it does cause a stir most times i take it out.

Ryche