Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Scott

Tulsa report

3 posts in this topic

I know of five Johnson's for sale on the floor.  Don't believe any sold.  I sold one bayonet with scabbard.   Inspected a nice all original rifle (first series 8000 range) for another vendor who was selling it for a friend.   Found fine sand under the butt plate.  This is the third one I have found with  sand under BP. ;  don't know source but may have come from a beach landing somewhere.   Seller was going to ask $6300 for it.  Don't know if it sold.  Lots of people but slow sales overall.  Saw a beautiful Polish firearms display including a super rare 8mm semi-auto rifle, one of 155 made before WW2.  More information on line and  You tube about  Polish 38m rifle. A lot cleaner design than our M1.  If it had got into volume production earlier, Germans would have had a harder time in Poland.

Joe, I cannot help asking: How would the Polish 38m rifle have fared against the '41 Johnson?  ej

It is hard to compare as nobody seems to have shot the 38m due to rarity.  What I know comes from You tube "forgotten weapons"  Poland's WW2 Battle rifle"..  It is also stripper clip fed, pull pin take down,  and has few parts.  Main spring on gas rod, tilting one piece bolt, very simple take down, fixed barrel. adjustable gas plug.   Could take regular size bayonet.  Look at the video and form your own opinion.