Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roverboy

Anybody shoot a Johnson in target competition

6 posts in this topic

I've wondered if anybody on here does this. There's not anything like this around where I live. I think as a whole military rifles are not all that popular. Most people could care less.

I have never done it, but to say military rifles are not popular is crazy. Maybe in your area they are not. But as a whole the Milsurp market is huge. On social media such as Facebook and just online forums like this one there are thousands of them. 

Imgone, what I meant was the majority of people are not into milsurps. Sure I can go to a gunshow and see a lot of guys looking at milsurp rifles but, most hunters and shooters don't have a use for one.

I'm going to disagree as well... out here in AZ. the market is huge with the hunters as well.

Granted your hard core gotta use a( insert popular American brand) guys are still prominent but the Milsurp market will often beat them out.

Oh and we have A LOT of cowboy collectors as well , Some of their stuff could be considered Milsurp from the 1800's i suppose :)

Like what i think Imgone was getting at is it might be kind of a regional thing.

Ryche

A little late on this topic but years ago when I wanted to shoot my 60 rounds to qualify to get a M1 from DCM(yeah, that long ago), I decided to use my JSAR in the match. I thought it was kind of fitting to use a JSAR to get a Garand. The 'competition' went well especially the required reload session. As far as scoring, I don't remember my score but through no fault of the rifle, I think I came in third. I had never done 'competition' before so went way too fast on the slow fire phase. So i guess I can say I used a JSAR in competition but only the one time.