Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ed Johnson

Comment on privacy of Site remarks

1 post in this topic

To all users of this site......

Some of you may already be aware that any remarks made on this site can sometimes be found by anyone using Google, etc. who may be trying to follow a particular topic. I was reminded of this recently when doing a search on the MMJ 5.7 mm Spitfire subject (Dad's last official project, with me as well). Some of my remarks made on this site, such as my memo to new 5.7 Club members, were displayed and quoted verbatim.

While I was not writing that info for public consumption, but just for folks in the club or users of this site, I am not bothered by other folks  reading it. Nevertheless, this serves as a reminder that we do live in a very public world these days and any time we write on an internet site, we should expect "outsiders" being also able to see it.

Some years back, we had some message board issues which our Webmaster had to control and delete. His instructions not to "flame" others are posted on the site. I have seen no such problems recently on this board, but note that other boards may not be as well controlled.

Best wishes to all of you......and thanks for your continued interest in this site.   Ed J