Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim Peden

cheap bayonet on Ebay?

9 posts in this topic

Guys,

Last minute feeding frenzy sent it up to 355.00 plus whatever shipping and insurance is.

walt B)

After reading that description, and seeing the pics, I can only dream what my bayonet and scabbard would fetch. If that "bayonet is in excellent condition" and the "scabbard is in wonderful condition", mine must be rated "nearly factory new". And no, it is not one of those "repros". Guess I will hold on to it a while longer. Maybe when I need to retire I can sell the gun for my retirement fund and the bayonet and scabbard for my wifes!

I've seen Art's bayonet, it's genuine and looks almost new. I hear he'll trade it for a Cessna 150.

Borrowed Jim's camera, took my bayonet and scabbard out of the vault, and I posted a few photos, in case anyone would like to see them. They can be viewed at http://www.artremick.com/IMG/ for a short period of time.

This is the same one that I had at the West Springfield Show last year, for those who were there and saw it.

As for the Cessna, it must have less than 5000 hrs TTAF, and have less than 500 hrs SMOH, Millenium Cylinders, IFR ready, fresh annual, paint and interior must be 8+ or better, no damage records, clear title, and all logs and records in order. As that probably will not happen, I am sure this will remain in the vault for a quite a while longer.

Enjoy the pics.

ArtR

OK, I have about a dozen Bayo's with sheeth and thought they were all excellent, now after seeing your pictures, I look at mine and think there only fair at best. What a beautiful bayo you have.... OMG, never though I would here myself call a bayo beautifull.LOL!

Well guys, I have to question the terms "mint" or "near mint" condition with respect to some bayonets and sheaths. The terms very good, good, fair come to mind often, even "has character", but I never see them used in any online descriptions. Hope you enjoyed the pics....will be taking them off line shortly...ArtR