Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
webmaster

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

1 post in this topic

The site received the following message from Mr. Scott Weber, CEO of the GunRunner Auction.

I post his message again in it's entirity, which was in response to a message previously posted (now deleted) .

Whoa! Some of my good customers have alerted me that there are falsehoods circulating about my company, The Gunrunner, on this site. THEY ARE FALSE! I wish to correct that misguided person right NOW. The information in the above post by Jim Peden is entirely INCORRECT in every way. Someone is libeling me through him here and I will not stand for it. The live auctioneer we used for three years at The Gunrunner live auctions did NOT lose his license and is still holding many auctions here in Ohio. Our state company license lapsed when we went to internet auctions - it was NOT seized or altered in any way. If you doubt this, you may contact the State of Ohio auctioneering office in Columbus, Ohio. We quit doing live auctions because the last one I did cost me over $13,000 to put on! It's simple math - the overhead is MUCH cheaper via computer and our customers like the online method better. At the Gunrunner auctions we do NOT allow the owners of the firearms to bid at any time on their own firearms offered at auction and in fact the contract we have with the owners of the firearms forbids this. We watch very carefully for that. We would be glad to forward you a copy of the auction contract if you wish. We do NOT and have never had "friends" who run up the bids. All of our firearms at auctions have "bid histories" so you can see who is bidding on any gun and the time in which they enter their bid. Rest assured whoever wins the gun buys it as per contract. This information is retained for several weeks after the auction is completed. I would suggest to anyone on this site that if you wish to know how our online auction runs, log onto www.gunrunnerauctions.com and read "Terms of Sale", etc. rather than relying on someone hiding behind their computer who is libeling us with falsehoods. If the person posting the false information will contact me at (440) 834-0160 I will immediately start legal proceedings against that misguided individual who provided that information to them. My attorney is most interested to learn who that is! As to the condition of the many Johnson rifles we have sold: We have never had one returned and our buyers have been delighted! We've had some very nice Johnson rifles! People send them to us from all over country and we're glad to get them! - Scott Weber, The Gunrunner

Mr. Weber puts out a class auction, which I am only too pleased to use this organ (the message Board) to support. He has built up his company and his reputaion by honesty, integrity and hard work, selling quality firearms. I have not bought anything from him but after receiving numerous posts about the nice firearms other have got from him, I believe this to be true.

Personal attacks on him, his company (or anyone else for that matter) cannot or will not be tolerated. Please re-read the information about posting on this site, which I know you all read when accessing the board from the main johnsonautomatics site. By taking up a subscription (or posting a message) to the board it is taken that you agree to the simple terms posted on that lead in page.

I have not been monitoring the site this week (due to a family commitment) and an offending message slipped in. I noticed it late last night and put in a response which Mr. Weber saw and asked me to remove the bad message, as I had offered.

I will now be taking a more closer look at postings and ones I find unacceptable will be deleted and offending posters suspended or permanantly banned from posting. We can go to a moderated system, which I don't want, as this will take away a lot of what the board is about. Your choice folks!

So please respect others, post responsibly, and if you post - be prepared to furnish facts to qualify what you say. This board or myself will not be held responsible for anything you post that is fictitious or defamatory (or both).

Thankyou for you past, current and future support,

Jim Pullen

Webmaster/ Creator

The Johnson Rifle site