Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tucker

Where do I find parts.

11 posts in this topic

OK I am hooked on the Johnson rifle. Now I need to know where to get parts. I assume there is more tahn one supplier.Any and all help or suggestions are appreciated. Unfortunately I have no parts to offer for trade. We need to get some chatter going on these boards. i visit everyday and find little new. Tucker tuckerw1@verizon.net

Hi Tucker,

I'm new to this board too. I've gotten parts from Numrich and Sarco seemed to have a decent supply of some parts, ( in my case, I wanted some extra magazine door springs on-hand), and I received them within days. Give them a try and see if they have what you need.

Good luck, Mike :)

Hi Tucker,

It's Mike again, I was reading through the postings and realized your not as new to this site as I originally thought so, sorry about that. Anyway, I noticed that you got your Johnson recently and I wanted to know how you like it? I have two that I bought in the 1980s and I love them. Johnson's are not the best shooters at the range but I love their style and history. :)

Mike

I am new to the Johnson. I just recently purchased my first. I had the chance to soot it only twice. I do appreciate the input. Its cold this weekend and I thought I would spend some time on the computer looking for parts. I need a rear swivel mount with screws and a new buttstock. Thanks for your input.

:) Gentlemen, just as an observation, I would suggest that you actually start your search for spare parts by contacting Joe Scott FIRST to see what he has in his inventory, which is usually pretty extensive, as he re-builds Johnson Rifles (and can work on LMGs) on a regular basis. If Joe does not have a part in stock, he would be the first one to advise you where else to check at other suppliers.

Joe is a contributing member of our Website Team, which is headed up by our Webmaster, Jim Pullen. Other members include author/historian Robert Lamoreaux, collectors Brian Alpert and Walter Liss, along with myself.

If you have not done so already, I strongly encourage you to purchase the recent book, "Johnson Rifles and machine Guns, the story of Melvin Maynard Johnson, Jr. (my father) and his Guns," by Bruce Canfield and Robert Lamoreaux. This book is available from many sources including Mowbray Publishing (1 800 999 4697) and at www.BruceCanfield.com (autographed copy).

And.....welcome aboard! Ed Johnson

ERJohnson@JohnsonAutomatics.com

Lack of "chatter" is what makes this board so useful to Johnson collectors. There are lots of other boards which seem to have lots of "chatter" to peruse. A great amount of knowledge has been shared since it was first started by webmaster Jim Pullen. Share and enjoy.

Hi Ed,

Please don't misunderstand my suggestion to Tucker, I just received a set of stocks and a barrel from Joe Scott, (along with a manuel and DVD), and I'm hooked on getting my parts, and advice, from Joe. He's been really helpful to me. And, I've been sitting on the fence about buying the Johnson book but I think that now I will. Thanks for the advice. :)

Mike

Mike,

I don't think Ed did, he was just pointing out that if you start with Joe first he may have what you want straight away. Thereby saving a lot of time, expense and nightmare, plus getting a lot of hands on real advice which you won't get elsewhere.

Some reports of the parts that other companies have supplied in the past have been of poor, second rate, even dangerous items. Joe will only sell good quality original or newly manufactured (by himself) parts, no shoddy junk.

He will tell you where you can get parts from other than hismself. He is that sort of guy - An enthusiast.

fellow enthusiast,

You, and Ed, are absolutely right about the quality factor. When I started looking for a stock I found Sarco and Numrich and I ordered a butt stock from Numrich. Shortly after, it arrived with a crack at the butt plate seam, where the recoil spring tube is located. Even though they had it listed as "Excellent Condition" and "Like New", it was neither. I sent it back and I soon found Joe Scott's web site and he not only has parts that they do not but Joe's parts come with some great advice and in beautiful condition. Most important of all, when Joe tells you something, you can believe it! :)

Mike

capthowie,

He's been up and running for at least 4-weeks that I know of. I'm sure you don't need this but just in case;

jmscottparts.com

I just received new stocks and a new barrel from him yesterday, nice product!! :)

Mike