Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
diggerj

Bubba lives!

8 posts in this topic

I wonder what idiot did the butcher job! I guess the price is a bit high for a gun that is valuable only for the parts. . . Wonder if Joe could cut the radiator off, make a new one, and reweld the thing. . .

I believe that is the ultra-rare full race model, with extra barrel cooling and a quick detachable rotary magazine. Should fetch a premium price, they'll probably throw in the Brooklyn Bridge with it.

I must have bad eyes! Forget the crack, the wood is 1/2"-3/4" light around the middle, too. And yet, this isn't the worst bubba job I've seen.

I worry that without proper warning, someone will purchase this piece thinking that they are getting an "original" or "collectible". Next they will visit this site looking for confirmation that they got a good deal...I do not think I could live with that.

ArtR

UPDATE

I received the following email in response to one I sent to Cabela's with regard to the JSAR in question.

Quote:

Sir, we appreciate your concerns with originality as we are.

To address your concern on a purchase, my crew nor any employee of our Gun Library system would try to pass this as a 'collector piece' and would very quickly state it to be a shooter only. Our integrity is far more important than any dollar.....

You wish to pass this along to your board, the firearm has been pulled from the floor, is in process of being removed from the Internet for the time being. I have even had people track down my home phone number and call me about this gun. We have a couple of dealers we can offer it to....

Once again, thanks for your input....

Phil Reynolds

Cabela's Gun Library

110 Cabela Blvd E.

Dundee, MI

:EndQuote