Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adriaan de Jong

Rifle No. B5411

2 posts in this topic

After searching for a Johnson for about 5 years I finally located one in an excellent condition.

Serialno is B5411, the rifle is in great shape.

The rifle was bought in Canada by the first owner in the mid fifties, presumably from the Winfield Company. He held it as a collectors item and never fired it. The second owner bought it from him and owned it many years, also taking good care and never shooting it.

The condition is great. Finish is without dents or scratches, looks greenish to gray depending on the light. The bore is a bit gray inside, but seems okay. The wood of the stock is very nice, unfortunately I am not able to make better pictures but I hope the nice grain is visible.

It's great to own a Johnson :)

Adriaan

ps

does somebody in this forum own a Dutch Rifle Sling for my Johnson and is willing to sell?

post-531-1236876229_thumb.jpg

post-531-1236876252_thumb.jpg

post-531-1236876275_thumb.jpg

Great find and looks to be in great condition too! You're right, it is great to own one of these fantastic rifles. I'll never forget the day I bought mine at a gun show. I slung it over my shoulder to walk the rest of the show and I could barely get twenty feet without someone wanting to know what that wierd rifle was and asking to hold it. I'm sure several people were started on their quest to find a Johnson that day.

Good luck with yours, and remember to show it off!