Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tthen

M1941 rifle stock on Gunbroker

3 posts in this topic

Gentlemen

I've been watching auction #146773946 on Gunbroker for the last week or so. At first the only pictures were the side views. I had requested a view from the back and the new pictures were listed a couple days ago. What do you guys make of it? It says new old stock but there are no lightening holes. Is it a Winfield, or an original?

Thanks for your input.

Gentlemen

I've been watching auction #146773946 on Gunbroker for the last week or so. At first the only pictures were the side views. I had requested a view from the back and the new pictures were listed a couple days ago. What do you guys make of it? It says new old stock but there are no lightening holes. Is it a Winfield, or an original?

Thanks for your input.

TThen,

The stock and handguard are originals. Not all of the johnson stocks had lightening holes in them. Early on they drilled them (American Paper & Tube of Woonsocket RI made the stocks) for the few extra parts wrapped in a heavy oil paper. But that didn't last long. These originals were bought at a very good price. Recoil stops screws and mainspring tube are still installed. From what I see the finish appears to be original with no repairs.

walt B)

Walt,

Thank you for the reply, I was going to bid but I had just watched Mr. Scott's DVD and he had stated that the stocks were laminated and had lightening holes. Neither of which I saw, also there wasn't a clip for the front cross pin. Oh well live and learn. Thanks again