Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gonzo

JSAR featured in Chinese War Movie

4 posts in this topic

The Assembly[2007] is a Chinese war movie set in 1948 China that features our JSAR. There are two JSARs used in the movie. One by the units designated marksman/sniper(Jiang), and another scoped JSAR is used by their enemy. The designated sniper soldier is called upon a lot during the battle scenes, so the JSAR is heavily featured in this film. :)

The movie I would say is good enough to watch. The Chinese claim it to be their version that rivals and can compete with Saving Private Ryan...but I wouldn't say so. The first half of the movie is war, the second half takes place 10 years later when war is over and the surviving officer tries to gain recognition for his lost and forgotten unit. Considering there are hardly any films that feature the JSAR, I purchased the movie in blu-ray anyways. I'd give the movie 7 out of 10 stars.

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Assembly_%28Ji_jie_hao%29

Screen shots:

Assembly-Johnson-2.jpg

Assembly-Johnson-4.jpg

Battle Sceen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYP0tXJj8gg

I was told about "Assembly" by someone after I got my JSAR, but then forgot about it. I should track down a a copy.

What battle of what war is it supposed to be set in?

The film takes place during the civil war in China between New Liberation Army and the KMT in 1948. Not sure on which specific battle or region. It also goes in partially on the Korean war. FYI also, the film is shown from the communist perspective.

I purchased my copy from eBay. You can get the regular DVD for about $10.