Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gonzo

Trigger Group Disassembly

1 post in this topic

Took apart my Hammer Block(Trigger Group Assembly). Just thought I'd share a photo and mention how fairly easy it is to take apart and replace parts. 2 large screws only hold the hammer block to the wood stock. The entire group is only 14 parts total. 5 pins hold the unit together; only 2 pins on the hammer block needs to be punched out with a hammer; the others you can push out without hammering. And the pins that needed hammering came out easy as well, they didn't get deformed or get stuck.

One thing I do not like on my rifle is the trigger and break. The trigger on mine is fairly loose(hole is larger than the pin holding it on). I want to tighten that up and try and do a trigger job for a nice crisp trigger. Will see what happens. If any one needs help disassembling the trigger, I can post more pics if needed. Don't be afraid to work on your JSAR. :)
Just to add, I had what looked like decades of gunk built up in the crevices, especially under the sliding sear which made the trigger feel gritty. I'd recommend at least taking apart your trigger group once to clean it out thoroughly.

JSAR_Trigger_Hammer_Group_Block.jpg

Edited by Gonzo