Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ArtR

6906 on GB

4 posts in this topic

I have questions...

"Metal Condition: The finish is in excellent condition, with minimal wear. ( What finish?)

Stock/Grips Condition: The furniture is in excellent condition, minimal wear. (Does not look that to me)

Bore: the bore is in excellent condition, shiny through out with strong rifling, (No photos)

Action: Functions in every way. Bolt holdback works! (No Photos)

Curios & Relic Eligible: YES (As it is a Winfield this is not correct is it?) A misleading statement when Seller also states "You must contact your FFL transfer dealer and have them send a copy of their license with your name, username, the item and order numbers to the seller."  

Sort of like the M1905 (M1942) 16" bayonet that I saw listed recently....another good laugh...where the seller clearly shows a total lack of knowledge:

U.S. M1942 Garand rifle bayonet. Original configuration with 16" blade. Marked U.S. 1942 with flaming bomb, and A.F.H. inspectors marks. No maker marks. Correct M3 fiberglass WW2 scabbard. A rare bayonet. Good condition.

Truly evident that the seller has no idea whatsoever about either bayonets or this in particular. Really ? Lists  A.F.H. (American Fork and Hoe)  as the inspectors mark!  and then says "No maker marks"