Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WHIG

Dillon BluePress Article

9 posts in this topic

I found this older article in one of the Dillon Precision BluePress catalog. Thought it would be nice to share...

Dillon Press.jpg

Thanks for posting. Interesting that they point out the pictured rifle as being a Winfield, looks Military to me

WHIG: Thanks for the post.

Rarecat: Winfield also sold full military version.

Thanks ArtR, what would make this a Winfield other than being the organization that sold it?  Not trying to be difficult, just curious

When Winfield sold full military, they were just selling inventory that they had purchased.

Somewhere in forum history, there are copies of some old Winfield ad's....where they show sporters and standard military for sale

Screenshot from 2022-04-03 11-47-05.png

Screenshot from 2022-04-03 11-43-16.png

Art, thanks for the post of the vintage Winfield ad.  It was from just this kind of advertising that my father bought the military version of the Johnson rifle.  He made the purchase in late 1954 or early 1955 for $65.  The rifle is still in the family.

As we have said many times before. If we had only known then what we  know now! $45 in 1954 worth $475 today. I wish I had had $1000 to spare in 1954! However, back then, my parents bought a house for $10,500.00 which sold 2 years ago for $510,000. $45 was a lot of $$$ even in 1954!