camstuff

JSAR parts for sale on EBay, see link.

10 posts in this topic

I would advise a small amount of caution here. This is the same person who had a grouping of Johnson items for sale recently on GunBoards. It was referenced on this forum. 

https://www.gunboards.com/threads/1941-johnson-parts-fs-ft.1216875/#post-11007264

I sent a check for the Johnson firing pin promptly. I have never received the firing pin. The seller said they lost it and cannot find it. They did send me a picture of the voided check. I'll see. Pictures can be photoshopped to create the image I got. I don't know how they have everything else they haven't sold together to sell on ebay but somehow lost my firing pin. I suspect, honestly, and have had this happen before, that someone offered them more money than I paid and they canceled my sale.

Just a warning. Bad juju with these sellers once. i won't deal with them anymore!

Sorry for your bad experience, Whig. I did buy the forend from him, I paid electronically and he shipped promptly.

As to the grouping, there are certainly some non JSAR  mystery parts mixed in. 

Glad to hear you had a positive experience with them. I don't want to outright accuse them but just to share my concern and caution.

Wow! That seller is pretty proud of what he’s selling!!

I thought the same thing too. But what do you do if the parts are unattainable?  I know I would probably have to bite the bullet and buy the lot if I was desperate. I had purchased a couple of magazine door springs from him through Gun Board. Received the parts pretty quickly.  I am disappointed with the firing pin deal Whig had purchased and the seller canceled the deal. I would be upset as well.  

16 hours ago, camstuff said:

I don’t recognize some of the parts. 

That's because they aren't all Johnson parts. There is cover to the cleaning kit in the butt stock for an SKS, an extractor for a 1911 Colt, the spherical bushings, and that other thing on the very top. No, they are not all 1941 JSAR parts, so the auction is bogus, but I'll be darned if I'll write the seller and tell him.

The firing pin I sent them a check for was an authentic JSAR as was the front hand guard that Blueheeler bought.

4 hours ago, WHIG said:

The firing pin I sent them a check for was an authentic JSAR as was the front hand guard that Blueheeler bought.

I cannot dispute that you and another bought parts from different auctions, but I've one of those SKS "doors" in a box someplace. And after working on 1911's for 30 or so years I can recognize what appears to be a worn out extractor when I see one. As for the other mentioned "scope" parts (supposedly Johnson parts) look at any schematic of the 1941 JSAR you won't see them there. Winfield parts at best and I'm not convinced they are. That cylinder thing looks more like a muzzle attachment than anything else, and I'll bet money that pin with the spring clip goes to something entirely different. HK's, Robinson Arms M96, and more modern rifles use pins like that, I don't think the JSAR ever did, those are straight pins retained otherwise.