Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quest Master

Is there a way to find out when my M1941 Johnson's were made?

4 posts in this topic

Good morning everyone! I'm new to the forum - I am the owner of two M1941's Johnsons, that I just purchased this year. One is B38XX and the other is B87XX. Is there a way to tell the month and year of production for these? Thank you!

Sorry, no records of letter prefixed serial numbered JSAR's exist anymore. Your questions cannot be answered.

Ok....since I'm new, I read this page: http://www.johnsonautomatics.com/History.htm

Johnson produced these rifles between 1937 and 1945, correct? All of these rifles were virtually exported during, with very few going to the U.S. military, and nearly all of them went to see service in the Pacific campaign with the Dutch? Why don't they have any proof marks by the Dutch government on the receiver? They were just uncrated and issued, then later, brought back into the U.S. in the 1950's and sold commercially?

If you have not already purchased, it is highly recommended that you obtain a copy of Bruce Canfield's book, Johnson's Rifle and Machine Guns

"The book" should answer most all your questions, and would be an added asset to your 'collection'.