Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jabbo

New member!

5 posts in this topic

Good evening to all!

I’m planning to buy my first 1941 Johnson rifle (if I actually sell my house)!

I’m not wanting to get a pristine collector rifle, or a certifiable U.S. Marine issue - I want a correct rifle in 80% or better condition.  Any suggestions regarding a reputable source would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Welcome! If you watch this forum, posts are regularly made about JSARs for sale with links. Often available on Gun Broker, different auction houses seen on Proxibid, International Guns and other places. Need to keep your eyes open, read Canfield's book on Johnson rifles and read posts here to learn about what is available and prices realized. Learn first before buying. Lots of good info here! Good luck!

Hey there Jabbo

I echo the welcome to the forum, and WHIG's suggestions to do your research before you lay out some heavy and serious cash.  There are plenty of photos on the forum of what to look for both good and bad, to keep you informed of what might be found while searching. Truly, look at Canfield's book.   Best wishes and good hunting!

ArtR

Thanks for the welcome and replies!  I just bought Canfield’s book, so my education has begun!  I just hope that the one I get is 

1.  Not a  buggered up Frankenstein.  It used to be fairly straightforward to tell…not anymore.

2.  Worth close to what I pay for it.

Thanks again!

2 hours ago, jabbo said:

Thanks for the welcome and replies!  I just bought Canfield’s book, so my education has begun!  I just hope that the one I get is 

1.  Not a  buggered up Frankenstein.  It used to be fairly straightforward to tell…not anymore.

2.  Worth close to what I pay for it.

Thanks again!

If you do find one that gets your interest, feel free to query the forum for advice. Forum members will help review what photos that might be provided to give an honest opinion on condition, correctness, and potential value. Forum members will normally not interfere with any bidding, for fear of pushing prices up artificially. While I have not seen it occur, it could be possible for multiple forum members to bid on the same item. In that case, may the bravest person win.