Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jabbo

I need a recommendation on which Poulan Auction JSAR to bid on

7 posts in this topic

Hey Jabbo,

Personally, I like 8186. Nice no prefix example with a bayonet. Also, the previous owner/researcher is a well known member of this sight. I am by far not an expert! This is strictly my personal opinion…

Wayne

An often repeated statement on this forum: "Buy the gun. Not the story."

As Bruce Canfield frequents this site, he may wish to comment. I am sure that he does not want his named bantered around just for interests sake.

You could also PM him and ask him?

Hey Jabbo,

I was not referring to Bruce in my post what so ever. I have no idea if he owned this firearm or not! I am referring to picture 7 from the auction sight! Again, this is my personal opinion! 

Wayne

Some clarification:

The auction site cites: "PROVENANCE: Consignor states acquired from noted firearms authority & author Scott Duff and was reputed to have been in the Bruce Canfield collection."

The "consignor" or current owner may have proof that 8186  was acquired from Scott Duff. Beyond that nothing else can be implied.

Bob Lamoreaux is/was a researcher for this site, and for the Bruce Canfield book.  However, I have not seen any posts from Bob since about 2010.

The letter included on the auction site does not imply that Bob was ever the owner. It only shows that Bob was replying to a redacted person's request for SN inquiry and  he did a 'normal staff look-up' for a non-prefix serial number rifle from the production logs. Additionally, Bob also gave the requester information about a possible group/company that might be forming.

ArtR