Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ArtR

Off Topic, but.....the good old days!

1 post in this topic

I was doing some clearing/cleaning and ran across a couple cardboard boxes in which I had some used brass. They still had packing slips on them, so for grins and giggles, I tore them off. These were packing slips from 2001 and 2002, from a supplier that I occasionally bought practice ammo  when I was still shooting full time on the State rifle team.

In 2001, I purchased 1000 rounds PMP 147 grain FMJ .308 Win for $205 and 1000 rounds PMP 55 grain FMJ .223 Rem for $140 !! That is correct! 20.5cents per round for .308 and 14 cents per round for .223 for ammo with good, re-loadable, new brass cases! 

A year later, 2002, when I bought more PMP .223,  the price rose to .15 cents, but I also bought some PMP 130 grain .270 Win PSP and PMP  150 grain .30-06 Sprg, PSP, both hunting loads,  both for 30 cents a round.

While I was and still do almost all my own loading/reloading, at that time, I could not make new rounds for those prices.

Many times I am accused about reminiscing for the good old days, but this is one case in which I feel fully justified!